We are happy to welcome you at Bamboo Retreat Hotel & Permaculture Garden Estate.
Book your stay right here – see you soon in Sikkim.
Enjoy our beautiful day trips.
Here you will find our favorite excursion.
Change from time to time to show you the versatility – but we can always organize
day trips according to your interests and preferences
Like Visit a Lepcha village, book a trip to Tsomgo Lake &
Natura Excursion, or visit Gangtok.
Sikkim’s Buddhist Heritage
Experience Sikkim’s Buddhist heritage by visiting three monasteries. Your guide can give you an introduction on the different schools of Buddhism present in Sikkim, monastic life and explanations on the meaning of Buddhist mural paintings, statues and symbols.
- Visit three monasteries by car in the Lingdum and Rumtek area
- If possible, experience daily prayer recitation-session – listen to mantras being recited by the monchs.
- Enjoy lunch in a monastery restaurant
- Interact with monchs with the help of your guide
Duration: About 5 to 7 hours
- Visit a local school along the way
- Enjoy the vast terraced paddy fields of Martam by car or trekking
- Trek back to Bamboo Retreat Hotel on village trails (1 hr hike)
Note: Prior booking required. Please book this day trip with receptionist at Bamboo Retreat Hotel or by email: email@example.com
Lepcha Village Cultural Experience
Experience the rich cultural heritage of Sikkim’s indigenous people, the Lepchas – and gain insights into the rural way of life.
Half-Day Lepcha Cultural Experience
- 40 min. optional nature- & village walk through terraced paddy fields and a Lepcha village, starting at Bamboo Retreat and ending at Lingdum-road.
- All transfers in local car asrequired
- Qualified guide throughout
- Traditional welcome-ceremony conducted by the village’s shaman with tea, millet-beer and typical buckwheat-snacks served in a traditional Lepcha-house
Full-day Lepcha Cultural Experience
- All of the services included in the half-day program
- Visit of a local school (depends on season)
- Visit of village Buddhist temple
- Lepcha cultural program with folk-dances, songs and/or instrumental contributions
- Ethnic Lepcha-lunch
- Visit of Lingdum Buddhist monastery
Note: One day prior notice is required and the programs cannot be guaranteed at all times. Please book this trip with receptionist at Bamboo Retreat Hotel or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day Trip to Tsomgo Lake & Nathula
Special Tsomgo-Lake & Nathula-Packages for in-house guests:
- Visit high-altitude Tsomgo Lake (12’310 ft / 3’780 m) and experience different vegetations as you travel from 2’000 ft (600 meters) to 12’310 ft (3780 meters)! In spring enjoy the beauty of primulas, magnolias and rhododendron in bloom.
- Try a yak-ride along the shores of the alpine lake or take a walk past the food-stalls and souvenir shops to the natural shore of the lake.
- Go for a trek (1 hr per way) to a nearby view-point at nearly 4000 meters. Enjoy stunning views of Tsomgo Lake and Mt. Khanchendzonga (weather permitting).
- Domestic visitors also have the option of visiting the border check-point of Nathula-Pass and Baba Mandir. Take a glace at the Tibetan Plateau and the Chinese & Indian guards.
- Duration: 2 x 3 hrs drive from and to Bamboo Retreat
- Registration: Please register as soon as possible as we need to obtain respective permits for guests and vehicles a few days prior to tour-date
Please submit a copy of your ID / Passport along with passport fotos.
Prices vary depending on season. Please book this day trip with receptionist at Bamboo Retreat Hotel or by email: email@example.com
Day Trek Fambonglho Sanctuary
This day-trek from/to Bamboo Retreat Hotel takes you into the Fambonglho Sanctuary with its rich vegetation and fantastic views of Khanchendonga and other himalayan giants.
The sanctuary is also habitat to many mammals and birds, including pheasants.
1-day Trek up to 2305 m (optional: extension 2-days)
Jungle Trekking with panoramic views of Mt. Khangchendzonga, Mt. Narsing, Mt. Tenzingkhang & Mt. Jupono
The arrangement includes:
- Transfer from Bamboo Retreat Hotel to trekking-starting-point, 2105 m / 6900 ft. (1.5 hrs)
- 5 – 6 hrs of Trekking on trail; highest point 2305 m / 7500 ft.
- Pack-lunch, snacks, hot tea, drinking water
- Trekking guide and/or assistant forest ward
- Transfer from exit point back to Bamboo Retreat Hotel (1.5 hrs)
- First Aid Box & Entry permit
Prior notice is required to book this day-trek (subject to availability of trekking-guide).
Best Season: December; October – April
Please book this day-trek with receptionist at Bamboo Retreat Hotel or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org